Can you tell what's going on in this picture? Elizabeth, Rachel, and Caroline let Katherine tape their hands behind their backs and put tape over their mouths. They LOVED this game. Katherine led them around and growled orders at them for the longest time. Whee. At some point, either Caroline was released or got herself un-taped. I watched her run up to Rachel and snatch the tape off her mouth. You might think Rachel would've been grateful for this, but no, a howl of outrage ensued. Rachel complained, "Caroline! Why'd you DO that?" Caroline cheefully told her, "Cause I'm the saver guy!" .... They went back to playing and a few minutes later Caroline ran up to me to tattle, "Mommy, I'm the saver guy and Rachel won't let me save her!" What could I say? Evangelists everywhere feel your pain, sweetie. Sorry.
![]() |
| This year is at least a little snazzier, hmm? Does she look ready to save the world, or what? |
| This is the WW she made up last year (she did wear boots with it). She was very proud of this outfit! |
Speaking of superheroes, Elizabeth finally gets to be Wonder Woman. She's been quietly obsessed with her since just before Halloween last year. I figured it would fade, (it's not like she knows anything about her except for the costume) but a year later she still had NO hesitation about what she wanted - a Wonder Woman costume. Last year she decided a few days before Halloween that she HAD to be WW, but I couldn't find a last-minute costume, so she "made up" her own WW outfit, ignoring the mermaid costume she already had. OK, pretty nifty and she was happy. This year, she is set.
Cute story: Caroline climbed on my lap while I was reading and said, "You know what I want for my birthday?" I asked her what and she pointed to my necklace, and then my bracelet, which matched, and said, "I want a matching set. Like that." I told her I thought that was possible. Then she touched my earrings and said, "And a matching one of those..." She pointed to my hair, "And a matching hair-tile." Then she touched my mouth, then my eyes, then my shirt... you get the picture. Charming.
| Caroline had NOTHING to do with raking this pile, but was more than happy to pose with it! |
Katherine and Elizabeth decided to rake the backyard, and had a lot of fun doing so, but I stepped outside to check on them at one point and found them swinging side-by-side on the swingset. Katherine told me, "We're taking a break to make outselves better friends by talking about what we like and dislike." I mean, they've lived together since birth, so what don't they already know about each other? It's so nice to see those two building friendship. For so long, Katherine and Elizabeth just seemed to have clashing personalities, but recently they've really been growing close.
One more thing: this picture shows why I sometimes get funny looks from other mothers at the park. (Yes, I made her get down - that height is above my arbitrary "You Will Definitely Break Something If You Fall" level.) Sheesh kiddo!
Answer to which is which: Elizabeth


2 comments:
I've nailed them all so far....watch, the next one will be hard! Cute story about Caroline...so sweet. I miss that park...sniff.
Darn! I guessed rachael! Of course Kimber would guess them, she knew all of them as babies!
Post a Comment