I’m over a month behind and starting to forget little things I don’t want to forget, so I’m hoping (note the lack of commitment – not a good sign) to post a bunch of short, random “catch-ups” here over the next several days.
I’ve been cutting my own hair for at least 10 years. I don’t even remember for sure when I started, but I’ve just never had a stylist make my hair look better than I can myself (not exactly a high bar, I’m aware!). As curly as it is, you can’t tell if I don’t get the edges exactly straight, and I know how to layer it, but lately I’ve been wanting a change. So way back in May I bought a “style package” deal from a friend for a really nice salon, with hopes they could give me some direction. It took me almost 2 months to work around to it, but I finally went and gave the stylist carte-blanche to do whatever she decided. Here are the before and after pictures:
My hair is actually about 2 inches shorter in the picture on the right, but looks longer. I love it, but the process of blow-drying and straightening (or at least somewhat straightening) it is a bit daunting. I’ve haven’t straightened my hair since Daniel came along (I wonder if there’s a correlation? Hmm.) and I’m used to spending about 5 minutes styling it.
So now I have a totally new, believable excuse for being late everywhere – “I was straightening my hair.” Time to phase out the, “I’m late because I have 5 kids,” excuse. (Truth: it’s almost never the kids’ fault. I just don’t start getting ready soon enough… but you can’t argue with someone with 5 kids!) Expect to hear the new excuse often. You’ve been warned.
With our pool still closed, my ear not working (except for the deafening “buzzing” noise), and friends out of town, the end of June was pretty slow, but we still went to the summer movie specials, and the kids played with friends.
1 comment:
Love your hair! Super cute. I can't imagine not wanting your curls though. :) (Coming from someone that doesn't have them. I know. :) )
Very cute.
Post a Comment