Elizabeth’s girl scout troop ended the year with a bang at the end of April. Their first event was a joint gathering with a Brownie troop to help teach them what next year would be like when they move from Daisies to Brownies. They played games together, learned a new song, and listened to the Brownie members tell about their favorite part of this year. It was very cute, and Elizabeth really had a great time. Her troop is the eight girls in blue vests lined up in the back.
The next night was the long-awaited Daddy/Daughter dance that Elizabeth asked about daily almost the entire month of April. Chris and Elizabeth “double-dated” with our friends Damon and Maddie Campbell. It was cute and Elizabeth loved it (duh, she’s loved everything about this year as a daisy!). Chris said he thinks they played every song Taylor Swift has ever recorded, so it was slightly painful. Elizabeth was very proud of her hair. We copied
the style from an American Girl hair-do book she picked up at the library book sale.
Here’s a cute picture I took the other day: The girls were all playing on the computer and there just wasn’t enough seating available, so this is how I found them. Katherine has this uncanny ability (and preference) to “perch” anywhere and does this sort of thing all the time. She reminds me of a little buzzard. Rather than pull up an extra chair, she’d rather “sit” like this. In fact, none of them understood why I found this funny, but Caroline is always happy to pose for a picture!
1 comment:
Oh, Kayla would be sooo jealous! She loved that dance. (Of course, I don't think they actually danced...but she loved it anyway.) What fun for her! (I love Daisies too; it's a great program)
Post a Comment