Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The snakes of spring

DadjustedWhich is Which - Who is this 7-month-old?

 

(Answer at end of post)

 

 

 

 

DSC00389Well, it’s spring, so the snakes are out. I don’t know if there are actually any more snakes around now than there were in, say, January, but since we’re outside all the time now we’re seeing lots (comparatively). Mostly we see little brown snakes that can’t hurt us. We’ve also seen a foot-long garter snake and the kids saw a water snake in the ditch back behind the house. Chris has been trying to get the backyard into decent shape and caught this little guy under some leaves. He handed it to the girls (Daniel was off somewhere else), who all wanted their picture taken with it.DSC00391DSC00392DSC00394DSC00395DSC00396DSC00400

 

 

 

 

 

DSC00407If there were a contest for strangest places to voluntarily read, I think Katherine would have a shot at the national championship. She perches in the oddest places and positions all the time. We were at the park earlier and I caught her reading in what I thought were hilarious places. She wanted to play at the park, but she also wanted to finish her book (a Goosebumps story), so somehow she was able to do both.DSC00409 It looks frustrating to me, but apparently I’m no judge… She claims it’s really comfortable. And she finished the book!

Answer: Daniel!

2 comments:

Stuart and Kimber said...

I got that one wrong. I thought it was Elizabeth, although after I read the answer I went back and could see the difference. Fun game!

cambersue said...

your kids look SOOO much alike! i love looking at baby pictures and seeing how much they change. time is a strange thing. sometimes it feels like it moves so fast and other times it feels like it should be moving faster...
love the pictures of your girls, they are so darling:)