I remember the first time I heard talk about a children’s museum coming to Jackson, way back in 2004. I remember the opening date listed was 2009 and thinking, “No way! Daniel will be 9 by then!” Well, in the last month of 2010, with Daniel solidly 10, the Jackson Children’s Museum finally opened. Better late than never! Astonishingly, the family membership passes were reasonably priced as well! A one-year family pass is $85. Considering it cost us $70 to get into the Memphis children’s museum for one afternoon, this seems like a bargain. For an extra $50, we get free entrance to the Memphis children’s museum, the New Orleans one, and about 100 or so more around the country. That’s a no-brainer.
So on January 4th, the day before Caroline’s birthday, we met friends there for our first visit to the new museum. We were impressed. It took about an hour for the kids to move on from just the first play area they came to. They loved it! I’m so glad they did a good job with it and anticipate spending a lot of time there this year. The only negative seems to be the food café charges WAY too much ($8 for a hamburger, for a KID, etc.) and doesn’t let you bring in food. That’s ridiculous for a place that wants families to come spend an entire day. Let’s be clear from the outset: I am NEVER buying a meal for my family at the overpriced café. Now, can I please bring some sandwiches to eat at a picnic table somewhere?!?
The cute blond kid in these pictures is our sweet friend Greta. She and Rachel are best friends. I didn’t even come close to taking pictures of everything. For example, I completely missed getting pictures of the giant GI tract the kids can play through starting at the mouth – complete with all the appropriate (and highly inappropriate) bodily noises, and that ends with a slide into a giant potty. Whee!
No comments:
Post a Comment