Which is which? Who is this 1-month-old?
(Remember, you can click on a picture to zoom in.)
Well, the state fair has rolled around again. I always dread the fair - I feed guilty about dreading something the kids love so, but I do. Kinda like how I feel about birthdays... Anyway, the prospect of saying the word "no" that many times in a row is always a little daunting, but once again I found myself up to the task. The simple fact is that the fair charges absolutely extortionist prices for most things - rides are $5 each and up, per kid, with a few exceptions (some of the baby rides are cheaper)! Even though we could afford to go on some rides, I'm just too insulted by the pricing to want to spend any more money there than I have to. I would avoid it completely, but there are some parts that are too cool for the kiddos to miss. The nice thing is those are free, or almost. The parts we love are the free petting zoo (bags of carrots are $2 each! Not so much for one kid, but for five...it adds up.), the FFA exhibit, and the free circus (which is always surprisingly good). I felt I owed my kids this year since they only got one hurried trip last year as I was getting ready to leave for France to visit Melanie. So we went twice this year.
The other notable thing about the fair is that Rachel lost her first tooth at the zoo exhibit. It's been loose for a month, but she showed me how loose it was and I was afraid it was going to FALL out before we got home, so I pulled it. (Did that sound believable? Good. He he, I LOVE pulling teeth!) The funny thing is that she was really upset that it was bleeding. She's seen lots of teeth come out over the past couple years, and they always bleed a little, but somehow she didn't expect it, so she cried until the bleeding stopped. Then she was thrilled. Elizabeth just lost her first tooth this June, so Rachel is feeling very superior right now.
It was also really neat to run into the family we buy goat milk from and watch them show their goats and win ribbons. I think it was great for the little ones to see and pet "their" milk goats!
| The 8-year-old. Who wouldn't want to do that?!? |
It was also really neat to run into the family we buy goat milk from and watch them show their goats and win ribbons. I think it was great for the little ones to see and pet "their" milk goats!
We've missed having sleepovers since Emily moved, but over the past week we've had two! Elizabeth was so proud to have Kate over and get to sleep in the cubby upstairs. I don't know if they slept at all, but they didn't keep us awake, so I don't particularly care. A few days later, the Smiths drove through town and let us borrow Emily overnight. Katherine and Emily didn't have a lot of visiting time, but I'm pretty sure they talked most of the night as well. The pictures are of them showing off the mosaics that K and Emily made for K's birthday (Yeah, we're just now getting Emily's to her!). Answer: Rachel
2 comments:
Quite frankly, I'm surprised it took this long for her to mention it. Maybe they'll go back to the tent next year - it would be hard to get a ten 127' high. :)
(I got the picture wrong. I thought it was Elizabeth. Rats!)
so fun! I love the fair...too bad the tickets were so stinking expensive for the rides. Oh well, the animals are pretty entertaining:)
Post a Comment