Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ta da! We finally have a blog!

After a year of thinking about starting a family blog, planning it, saying "I need a blog" and so forth, here it is! I'm finally officially blogging. Since I've only told one friend about this so far, no one will be reading this, but that's not really the point, is it? It exists and now I can blather on and on in the most self-absorbed rantings imaginable and nobody can complain, because it's a blog - that's what you're supposed to do! Yea me! OK, that's out of my system now, I think. I will make some attempt to make this interesting to family, at least, and hope my friends can bring themselves to slog through it every now and then. Knowing myself, I probably won't post very regularly (stop laughing!), and I'm going to try, but not apologize for lapses, because this is supposed to be fun, not stressful!
Right now we're enjoying living in Ridgeland, MS, but plan to take an extended vacation of sorts next year. Our Grand Plan is to put our entire family on a sailboat and head south to the Caribbean, then Central America. The plan is of course contingent on Chris and myself learning to actually sail a boat first, but how hard can it be? (wink) We're currently working on that aspect of the trip. We think we've got it squared away with Chris' job, so that we'll actually have some income while we're tootling around the islands. Now we need a boat. Trouble is, we don't exactly know what we need from a boat, so we're reading everything we can get our hands on about what kind of boat we'll need (or want, as the case will be!).
So that's our plan for tomorrow - for this week we're about to start a new school year (very slowly, as is the homeschooler's prerogative) and say goodbye to good friends (sniff) who are moving away.

No comments: